Formed in 2017, the Federation of Indian Fantasy Sports (FIFS) earlier known as the Indian Federation of Sports Gaming IFSG, India’s first and only Fantasy Sports self-regulatory industry body, was established to protect consumer interest and create standardized best practices in the Fantasy Sports industry.
FIFS aims to create a thriving ecosystem for fantasy sports users and operators by creating guidelines for a common set of practices, setting standards of operation and creating a regulatory framework to protect the fantasy sports user and operator interests.
FIFS works with key industry stakeholders and liaisons with the policymakers to create a robust governance structure to support the sustained growth of the industry.
Federation of Indian Fantasy Sports (FIFS) is a Section 8 Company incorporated under the (Indian) Companies Act, 2013 for the purpose of self-regulation and promotion of best practices in Online Fantasy Sports services and contests offered in India. FIFS aims to set extremely high standards for the self-regulation and operational efficiency of the Fantasy Sports industry. FIFS was founded in 2017 as a representative national body to protect the interests of Online Fantasy Sports contest users and operators in India.
Creating standardized practices such as publishing of rules and T&Cs in a way that they are easily accessible to the user, ensuring winner declaration and prize money distribution information is available to users, etc.
Ensuring Sports Gaming operators, employees and families do not participate in pay-to-play contests, no preferential treatment for any user, protecting user funds, no cash transactions, etc.
Implementing Responsible Gaming policies, keeping user information private, following approved processes for creating pay-to-play contests, etc.
- Create avenues for providing a platform for advocating issues, challenges and opportunities of the sports gaming industry
- Be the channel for representation to state and central government
- Enhance the competitiveness of the industry by creating a cohesive and unified voice which can be presented to key stakeholders such as bureaucrats, legal advisors, influencers, media, etc.
Research and information
- Conduct & publish research with reputed partners on matters relevant to the Sports Gaming sector
- Create and provide avenues to members for frequent exchange and transfer of intelligence
- Update and share expert opinions with members on legal, operational, tax-related issues etc.
- Publish reports on market trends and recent developments
Complaints and redressals
FIFS aims to create an environment of trust through transparency, implementing FairPlay policies and honest communication with the users regarding any issues or questions they may have. For this purpose, a system has been created that will allow users to directly reach out to the Federation in case they encounter any issues.
FIFS will address all Sports Gaming user related issues pertaining to, but not limited to:
- Sports Gaming operations
- Contest-related problems
- Misleading advertising
User verification standards
Online security measures
Measures for complaints and redressal
Signup to be a member and and be a part of the family!
Join FIFS today to get access to the resources and network trusted and used by thousands of Fantasy Sports professionals to grow their businesses.